1.05.2012

Home Sweet Home

Hello, humans, let me finally introduce myself: I'm Sheba, and I live at Poodle Cottage, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You know, that's funny, about Massachusetts, that it's not really a state, and that people say the U.S.A. has 50 states, but it really doesn't, because Mass technically doesn't refer to itself as a state. Nor does Virginia. Nor 2 others. Can you name them? Or, rather, can you name them without using the InterWebs? Bet you can't! I could, no problem, but I'm awesome, so you shouldn't be surprised by that. Top of the class, that's me.

OK, back on point. I live in Mass with my two human companions, Chris and Sheila, and apparently we've just moved into a new place, which they call Poodle Cottage---an appropriately named domicile since it's after moi, of course. Yes, I just said "moi" because I'm French, and Chris likes to make jokes about my French heritage, though it's kind of silly, really, if you ask me, since Sheila's heritage is kind of French, too. He's silly sometimes.

What is home? What does home mean?

"Home is where the treats are!"

"Home is where you hang your leash."

"A man's home is his Bouncy Castle."

I agree with all of those sentiments, truly. To me, home isn't a brick-and-mortar location, nor does it have a fixed geographic designation. Home is anywhere and everywhere, and nowhere, all at once. When we're riding in the car, and I'm with my people, that's being "at home" with them. When we're on the road traveling to see friends or family, we're at home once we get there. And we're home again when we're, well, home again. As long as we're all together, I am home. I love it here with my people!

2 comments:

  1. Sheba, you are so-o-o adorable! I love your French accent---I mean bark. You have trained your people well. They know when to feed you, and walk you, and take you outside---they've been quick to learn your commands, haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheba is a very insightful poodle! Home truly is a feeling not just a place!

    ReplyDelete