1.09.2012

Drafts Begone!

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."---Steve Wozniak
     So true. All those sci-fi movies that show the AI taking over society were right. If you're feeling panicked about the computers and server farms and clouds in the world managing without us, and you're feeling the urge to chuck some of them out a window, it's already too late, they're too embedded. You should have thought about that ten years ago.

So, why all the windows imagery today? We are the proud owners of three brand-new windows. All this computer and AI talk is a tangent, of course. I originally thought about how the "eyes are the windows to the soul" and then wondered if there were any good quotes out there about windows themselves, as opposed to things being like windows. I didn't find too many about windows themselves, but this one's funny, so I used it.

Here's the photo sequence for the two kitchen windows. The new ones are after the jump. I think they look pretty sharp!

Old windows:



Working on the left side---out with the old, in with the new---new and old side by side.



The right-side window removed:


Ta-da! All nice and new:




We'll go through Poodle Cottage and get those single-pane drafts all sealed up, eventually, one pricey window at a time. Only 14 to go!
 

1 comment:

  1. Although I like the new windows, and although it's true that it will be nice and cozy and extra warm in here this winter (not that I ever complain about the cold, since I always wear my coat indoors!), I'll be even more pleased once all of the strangers stop showing up at 8 in the morning and ruining my beauty sleep! A girl can not help but be annoyed by this situation! Seriously, people, all the noise . . .

    ReplyDelete